Michigan Truck Accident Lawyer | Lambert & Lambert, PLC
If you were injured in a truck accident, it may be worthwhile to consult with a personal injury lawyer who has experience representing clients in this type of case. The lawyers at Lambert Law will review the facts of your case and determine if you have grounds to pursue compensation from the party responsible for causing your injuries. We are experienced as Michigan truck accident lawyers and will work diligently to help you obtain justice. Contact us today for more information about our services or call us at (248) 431-7127.
The trucking industry is one of the most dangerous industries in America. According to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA), there were over 1,000 fatal accidents involving large trucks and buses in 2017. In addition, these vehicles account for nearly half of all fatalities on U.S. roadways. While many of these accidents can be prevented by following proper safety measures, others cannot.
The trucking industry requires high levels of skill and training. Drivers must pass rigorous tests before they are allowed to operate commercial motor vehicles. These drivers also need to maintain their licenses and undergo regular medical examinations. This ensures that only those qualified to drive heavy machinery can do so.
What Are My Legal Rights?
You have certain rights under the law when it comes to being involved in a truck accident. You have the right to seek damages for any injuries you suffer. Your attorney will investigate the circumstances surrounding your accident and assess whether you have a valid claim. If you do, he will file suit against the person or entity that was responsible for your injuries.
You also have the right to request a copy of your driver’s logbook. This document contains detailed records of where and when you spent your time during a particular journey. This log can provide evidence of negligence on behalf of the company whose driver caused your accident.
Your insurance carrier may offer to settle your claim for less money than you deserve. However, you must act quickly to protect your legal rights. If you wait until after the statute of limitations expires, you may lose the ability to bring a lawsuit against the other driver.
Contact Us Today To Start Working Toward Compensation!
If you or someone you love has been injured due to another party’s negligence, please call our office today at (248) 431-7127. We will answer any questions you might have and discuss your case with you. We look forward to helping you get the justice you deserve.
What to Do Following a Truck Accident?
If you were injured in a truck accident, it’s important to seek medical attention right away. The sooner you receive treatment, the better your chances of recovering from your injuries.
You must speak with an experienced personal injury lawyer regarding your situation. He or she can advise you about filing a lawsuit and explain your legal rights.
You should never sign anything without first consulting with us. We can review all documents before you sign them. Doing so will allow you to avoid making decisions based on incorrect assumptions.
We Can Help You Get the Justice You Deserve!
At Lambert Law, we work hard to hold negligent parties accountable for their actions. If you or a loved one has suffered harm as a result of another person’s careless behavior, we can help. Call our office today at (248) 431-7127.
What Are The Leading Causes of Truck Accidents?
Injuries from truck accidents often result in long-term disability, pain, suffering, lost wages, medical expenses, and emotional trauma. If you were injured in a truck accident, it is important to seek legal counsel immediately. Contact our office today to discuss your case. Truck driver negligence is not taken lightly by our firm. We believe in holding negligent parties accountable.
The leading causes of truck accidents include:
- Negligent Driving – A truck driver who fails to operate his or her vehicle safely can be held legally liable for causing an accident. Drunk Driving – Operating a motor vehicle while intoxicated is dangerous and illegal. It puts others at risk of serious bodily injury or death.
- Speeding – Speeding is a common cause of truck accidents because drivers are unable to react in time to avoid collisions.
- Improper Loading – When loading cargo onto a trailer, ensure that everything is properly secured. Failure to load cargo securely can lead to accidents.
- Overtaking – An overtaking maneuver occurs when a vehicle attempts to pass another car traveling in the same direction.
Our law firm handles cases involving trucking companies, trucking equipment manufacturers, and commercial truck drivers. We also will work with the trucking company insurance company. Our lawyers have extensive experience representing clients in these situations.
How Does Truck Accident Law Work?
When a truck crashes into a stationary object, such as a building, bridge, pole, or tree, the force of impact may cause severe damage to the surrounding property. In some instances, this damage may cause injuries to people nearby. For example, if a passenger bus was struck head-on by a semi-tractor trailer rig, the resulting collision would likely have caused significant damage to both vehicles. As a result, the passengers inside the bus could suffer serious physical injuries.
When someone suffers an injury due to negligence, they may be entitled to compensation for financial losses. These damages may include medical bills, rehabilitation costs, loss of income, and other related expenses. To recover damages, the victim must prove that the defendant owed him or her a duty of care. This means that the defendant had a responsibility to act reasonably under the circumstances. If he or she failed to do so, then the defendant breached his or her duty of care, which led to the plaintiff’s injuries.
What Will My Attorney Do To Help Me?
Our attorneys will review the facts of your case and determine if you have a claim against the truck driver or the trucking company. If we find that you have a claim, we will file suit immediately. We will negotiate a fair settlement on your behalf. We will take care of all medical bills and lost wages. We will work with the insurance company. We will handle any insurance claims. We will fight to protect your rights.
We believe that everyone deserves justice. Our lawyers work hard to ensure that every client receives the best possible outcome. We will always put your interests first. Let us be your truck accident attorneys!
How Negligence is Established Following a Truck Accident
Generally, a truck driver is negligent if:
- The truck driver if they failed to keep the vehicle under control.
- He drove too fast for the road conditions and didn’t see the pedestrian who had stepped into the street. In addition, he should have known better than to drive so close to the curb.
- The trucking company was also negligent if it allowed its driver to operate a commercial vehicle without having the required commercial license.
- If the company failed to properly train him and did not provide him with adequate equipment.
- If the company knew about the dangerous condition of the truck but did nothing to fix it.
Truck accident attorneys can help you get compensation for your injuries and losses. It is important to hire an attorney as soon as possible after the accident happens.
How Compensation is Determined After a Truck Accident
The amount of compensation depends on several factors including the severity of injuries sustained by the victim, the extent of property damage caused by the accident, whether the truck driver was negligent, and if they were at fault for causing the collision.
In some cases, the truck driver might be able to pay restitution to the victim. However, this usually only occurs if the truck driver has sufficient assets. Otherwise, the victim must sue the trucking company directly. The trucking company then hires an attorney to defend them.
After the lawsuit is filed, the two parties try to resolve their differences before going to trial. A trial date is set where both sides present witnesses and evidence. After hearing everything, the judge or jury decides what compensation each party should receive.
Types of Damages That Can Be Recovered After a Truck Accident
Damages include things like pain and suffering, medical expenses, loss of income, loss of consortium, and more.
- Pain and suffering are defined as the emotional distress suffered by the victim. This includes anxiety, depression, and other mental health issues.
- Medical costs are covered by no-fault laws. These laws require the trucking company to pay medical bills incurred by victims even though they may not have been injured in the accident.
- Loss of income refers to the loss of earnings due to the injury. For example, if someone loses his job because of an accident, he would be entitled to recover lost wages.
- Loss of consortium is when one spouse suffers damages due to the death or injury of another. If a husband dies in a car accident while driving home from work, his wife could file a claim against the trucking company. She could argue that she was deprived of her husband’s companionship and support.
If you or a loved one suffers serious injuries due to another person’s negligence, you may be entitled to compensation. Our truck accident attorneys represent clients throughout Metro Detroit, Michigan.